Kids Ski School
Park City is the perfect place to get your little ones into your favorite winter sports, whether it’s skiing or snowboarding. There are many options when it comes to enrolling your children in Park City ski programs and lessons, depending on which resort or mountain you wish to ride.
Canyons Park City
Canyons Resort offers children’s ski and snowboard lessons but will be changing its offerings for the 2015/2016 season for its merger with Park City Mountain Resort. Please check their site for more information on kids’ lessons.
Deer Valley Park City
The children’s ski school at Deer Valley accepts students as young as three and the lesson includes personalized instruction, a lift ticket, and lunch. For younger group lessons, the student to teacher ratio is as little as 1:1 and for the children ages 7 – 12, the ratio is 6:1. Lesson times vary with age group, but last anywhere from an hour to five hours and 45 minutes.
Private lessons are also available at Deer Valley as well as adaptive skiing lessons. Sunscreen and googles or other protective eyewear is required by the resort for children’s lessons. It’s highly recommended to make advanced reservations, especially during extended holiday weekends and in the month of March.
Park City Mountain Resort
At Park City Mountain Resort, your kids can take advantage of its Kids Signature Programs that mixes fun and education. They limit their class size to five or fewer for individualized attention from the instructor as well as practice and play time.
With an emphasis on safety, all children aged 17 and under are required to wear a helmet during ski and snowboard school lessons. Children as young as three and a half are welcome to attend lessons or you may opt for private lessons. Private lessons are tailored for children aged three to six and last an hour.
The Kids Signature 5 program is for five students that are ages six to 14 and is a six hour group lesson. Classes run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and include lift privileges and lunch.
Each mountain resort offers exemplary kids’ ski lessons, but if it’s your child’s first time skiing or snowboarding, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Know the drop-off and pick-up times as well as locations for lessons. Many ski resort children’s centers close the same time as the lifts and have strict pick-up times.
- Find out if your child should be in their gear and ready for the practice area or if they will start off in a classroom setting.
- Many private lessons do not include a lift ticket whereas most group lessons do.
- Plan ahead for cooler weather and dress your child in layers. If they get warm, they can take off a layer at lunch and leave it at the children’s center.
- Pack or rent a helmet and googles.
- Have breakfast before everyone heads off to the mountain and remind your child to drink water to stay hydrated.
- Holidays in Park City
- Park City Lift Tickets and Passes
- Park City Mountain Resort
- Deer Valley Park City
- Canyons Park City
- Gorgoza Tubing Park
- Cross-Country Skiing
- Après Ski & Nightlife
- Kids Ski School
- Nightlife in Park City
- Historic Main Street
- Local Resources
- Ski Competitions
- Utah Olympic Park
- Commemorative Air Force Museum
- Alpine Coaster in Park City
- Jordanelle State Park
- Horseback Riding
- Rock Climbing
- Utah Golf Courses
- Film Festivals